Charleston, WV (December 2018) – Encouraging and mentoring women in the oil and natural gas industry is the goal of the West Virginia Oil & Natural Gas Association’s (WVONGA) 5th Annual Embracing Energy Conference, to take place in Charleston on Thursday, December 13th, organization representatives announced.
“This event will bring together women in the oil and gas fields, as well as those interested in working in this industry, for education and networking,” said Anne Blankenship, executive director of the West Virginia Oil & Natural Gas Association. “There are many opportunities for career growth and development in the energy sector, and I would encourage anyone interested in learning more to attend this conference.”
Blankenship said the conference will be held at Yoga Power (601 Morris Street, Suite 302). The event will kickoff with an optional yoga class at 9am. The program will begin at 10am and run through 5pm.
Featured topics and presenters will include:
- Oil & Natural Gas Legal Update – Beth Elmore, Esq., Jackson Kelly; Katrina Bowers, Esq., Babst Calland
- Obstacles to Building Pipelines: Regulations, Protesters, Challenges – Jill Decker, The Thrasher Group; Tara Meek, Williams; Kylie Barnhart, Esq., Steptoe & Johnson; Karen Matusic, XTO Energy
- Leadership Lessons – Erikka Storch, WV House of Delegates, and President, Wheeling Area Chamber of Commerce
- Air Permitting Ain’t Easy – Kristin Boggs, Esq., Bailey & Glasser, LLP; Lisa Carty, Antero Resources; Carla Suszkowski, PE, Southwestern Energy Company
- LNG Exports – Jennifer Culhane, Dominion Energy
- Executive Panel Discussion – Sharon Flanery, Esq., Steptoe & Johnson PLLC; Erin Magee, Esq., Jackson Kelly PLLC; Katie Moberg, Monaloh Basin Engineers; Karen Price, Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP; Anne Blankenship, WVONGA
To register, visit the events page of the WVONGA website at www.wvonga.com. For additional information, contact Anne Blankenship at (304) 343-1609.