Impactful Father's Day message from the Atlantic Coast Pipeline...https://t.co/2xgkrKIMOP
- Poll finds favorable view of oil and gas industry
- ExxonMobil and Employees Contribute More Than $287,000 To West Virginia Colleges and Universities
- MarkWest Sherwood Plant helps growth and development in Doddridge County
- Fracking study shows no water well contamination
- Study Finds No Evidence of Groundwater Contamination Attributable to Natural Gas Development
- Howard Swint: Midstream key to West Virginia's economic growth (Daily Mail)
- Letter: Natural gas growth wonderful news for West Virginia (Daily Mail)
- Propublica-funded Article On W. Virginia Shale Development Is More Scare Tactic Than Objective Journalism
- Daily Mail editorial: Mountain Valley Pipeline will provide much needed economic boost
- Mark J. Perry: Low-cost natural gas an environmentally friendly fuel (Daily Mail)
- Howard Swint: WV natural gasoline fueling economic development (Daily Mail)
- IHS Report on Petrochem Manufacturing in Appalachia
- Cove Point Becomes 2nd U.S. Liquefied Natural Gas Export Terminal
- Chris Ventura: Rally for lower energy costs starts with you (Gazette)
- Gassed up and ready to go
- Maximize Benefits From Natural Gas Development
- Industry reps: Pipeline work available soon in West Virginia
- Local lawmakers: Pipelines could have economic benefits
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which plays a vital role in making sure the national electrical grid is functional, is back in business.
The Senate approved two new nominees last week, giving the board three members.
Acting Chairwoman Cheryl LeFleur said the commission will work to address matters that have been idled.
Natural gas is now our main source of electricity, and thanks to the shale production revolution prices collapsed from $8.86 per MMBtu in 2008 to just $2.52 in 2016. Prompt month September prices are now below $2.80, a shoulder month and blue weather maps for the next two weeks mean a bearish market. So far this summer, although hotter on the low demand Western coast, we simply haven't had a prolonged heatwave to increase prices.
The Senate voted Thursday evening to confirm two of President Trump's nominees to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), paving the way for the commission to have its first quorum in six months.
Neil Chatterjee and Robert Powelson were confirmed by unanimous consent and are slated to join the five-member board, which has seen its action paused since February following a pair of retirements.
Charleston, WV – According to a Pricewaterhouse Coopers report released on Aug. 1, West Virginia’s natural gas and oil industry supported 70,900 jobs (direct and indirect) and added $8 billion to the state economy in 2015, the most recent year for which a consistent set of national and state-level data by industry are currently available.
Additionally, the report found that West Virginia ranks 8th nationally in terms of the number of workers supported by the industry as a percentage of all employment.