RT @AnteroResources: More than $1B has been paid to West Virginia's local communities in taxes and more than 70,000 jobs have been created.…
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Inpex gains interest in Ichthys LNG project from Total
- ExxonMobil makes FID to develop West Barracouta gas project
- IEA revises downward non-OPEC supply growth forecast for 2019
- Witnesses give US House RFS quota discussion draft a frosty reception
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX crude oil drops on OPEC unity concerns
- EIA STEO revises Brent, WTI oil-price forecasts downward for 2019
- Manchin to succeed Cantwell as Senate Energy panel’s top Democrat
- Cenovus to focus 2019 budget on Foster Creek, Christina Lake
- BOEM extends EIS comment period for proposed Beaufort Sea lease sale
- EIA: US crude inventories down 1.2 million bbl
- Marathon extends Bakken acreage with Ajax wells
- Watching Government: Carbon tax idea reappears
- Cuadrilla stops hydraulic fracturing in Bowland shale
- DEA to focus on Zama discovery with Sierra acquisition
- EPA establishes fresh renewable fuel, biomass-based diesel quotas
ExxonMobil Corp. has increased its estimated recoverable resource for the Stabroek block to more than 5 billion boe from 4 billion boe following further evaluation of previous discoveries and drilling of the Pluma-1 well offshore Guyana. The well, drilled to 16,447 ft in 3,340 ft of water by Noble’s Tom Madden drillship beginning on Nov. 1, encountered 121 ft of high-quality hydrocarbon-bearing sandstone reservoir.
The US Environmental Protection Agency established quotas on Nov. 30 for renewable fuels in 2019 and for biomass-based diesel in 2020. EPA said the conventional renewable fuel quota, which is met primarily by corn-based ethanol, will be maintained at 19 billion gal in 2019, while required advance biofuel volumes will climb by 630 million gal from 2018 to 19.92 billion gal.
The ConocoPhillips-led group at Bayu-Undan gas-condensate field in the Timor Sea reported the completion of its three infill well program under budget and ahead of schedule. The third and final well was brought on line Dec. 3.