RT @AnteroResources: More than $1B has been paid to West Virginia's local communities in taxes and more than 70,000 jobs have been created.…
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Inpex gains interest in Ichthys LNG project from Total
- ExxonMobil makes FID to develop West Barracouta gas project
- IEA revises downward non-OPEC supply growth forecast for 2019
- Witnesses give US House RFS quota discussion draft a frosty reception
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX crude oil drops on OPEC unity concerns
- EIA STEO revises Brent, WTI oil-price forecasts downward for 2019
- Manchin to succeed Cantwell as Senate Energy panel’s top Democrat
- Cenovus to focus 2019 budget on Foster Creek, Christina Lake
- BOEM extends EIS comment period for proposed Beaufort Sea lease sale
- EIA: US crude inventories down 1.2 million bbl
- Marathon extends Bakken acreage with Ajax wells
- Watching Government: Carbon tax idea reappears
- Cuadrilla stops hydraulic fracturing in Bowland shale
- DEA to focus on Zama discovery with Sierra acquisition
- EPA establishes fresh renewable fuel, biomass-based diesel quotas
The light, sweet crude oil price for January delivery briefly slipped below $50/bbl during Nov. 29 trading, but it bounced to $51.45/bbl by closing, up $1.16. The day’s low was $49.53/bbl compared with the day’s high of $52.50/bbl. OPEC and some non-OPEC producers, led by Russia, will discuss production levels during a G20 meeting in Argentina Nov. 30-Dec. 1 in preparation for a Dec. 6-7 OPEC meeting in Vienna.
Vermilion Energy has assumed operatorship of the Corrib natural gas project offshore Ireland following the close of Shell Overseas Holdings’s sale of its 45% interest in the project to Nephin Energy Holdings, a wholly owned subsidiary of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board. NEHL has acquired 100% of Shell E&P Ireland, which holds 45% interest in Corrib.
Chesapeake Energy Corp., Oklahoma City, entered into a long-term agreement with Pronghorn Logistics LLC of Denver for frac sand management, logistics, and well site services in Wyoming’s Powder River basin.
Serica Energy has become operator of Bruce, Keith, and Rhum natural gas fields in the UK North Sea after completing two deals through which it acquired interests from BP, Total E&P UK, BHP Billiton Petroleum Great Britain, and Marubeni Oil & Gas (UK).
Par Pacific Holdings signed a definitive agreement to purchase privately held US Oil & Refining Co.’s downstream assets, including the 42,000-b/sd refinery near Tacoma, Wash. Under terms of the deal, Par Pacific will acquire 100% of US Oil and Refining’s equity interests for total consideration of $358 million plus net working capital, Par Pacific said.