RT @exxonmobil: Today we announced our plans to join the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative, a voluntary initiative representing 13 of the worl…
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- US House Democrats express NPR-A oil development concerns to BLM
- US Coast Guard withdraws 1999 offshore oil and gas proposed rule
- ExxonMobil to join oil and gas climate initiative
- Verus Petroleum to acquire Cieco E&P (UK)
- Total buys provider of EV-charging systems
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX oil prices jump more than $1/bbl on lower crude inventory
- Polish president seeks more US help in fighting Russian energy moves
- CERI: Canadian LNG export economics not globally competitive
- Linn, Roan Holdings to combine to form pure-play firm
- Sorrells promoted at Texas Railroad Commission
- BLM issues final oil, gas waste prevention rule with reforms
- EIA: US crude inventories decrease 2.1 million bbl
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX oil, gas prices rise on US-China trade tensions
- ESAI: Refinery expansions overwhelms rising gasoline, diesel demand
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX, Brent oil prices fall slightly pending full US sanctions on Iran
US crude oil inventories, excluding the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, decreased by 2.1 million bbl for the week ended Sept. 14, according to data from the US Energy Information Administration. At 394.1 million bbl, US crude oil inventories are about 3% below the 5-year average for this time of year, the report indicated.
The US Bureau of Land Management issued a final waste prevention, or venting and flaring, rule for oil and gas operations on land that it oversees. “Sadly, the flawed 2016 rule was a radical assertion of legal authority that stood in stark contrast to the longstanding understanding of Interior’s own lawyers,” Deputy Interior Sec. David Bernhardt said on Sept 18.
Danny Sorrells will serve as assistant executive director and oil and gas division director of the Railroad Commission of Texas. He has served as acting oil and gas division director since Aug. 1.
Linn Energy Inc. and Roan Holdings LLC have agreed to combine their respective 50% equity interests in Roan Resources LLC into a publicly traded company, Roan Resources Inc., as part of a master reorganization agreement.
Additional government incentives and cost reductions will be required to make more Canadian LNG export projects globally competitive and attractive to investors, a Canadian Energy Research Institute study concluded. Otherwise, more announced projects could join the 16 that have been canceled since 2014, CERI warned in a Sept. 19 report recently released in Calgary.