The expected financial returns are higher for a project in the Shale Crescent region (WV, PA, OH) compared with a G… https://t.co/ixxnfEvBrB
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Senators want US to use all options to oppose Nord Stream 2 pipeline
- API: US petroleum demand in February hit 20.3 million b/d
- IEA raises global oil demand estimate for 2018
- Porges named interim EQT president, CEO
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX holds under $61/bbl on forecasts of higher shale production
- Pioneer to restart Texas field shut by fire
- Court rejects NYSDEC’s appeal of FERC’s Valley Lateral ruling
- Pruitt issues guidance clarifying NSR evaluations
- US sanctions on Venezuela could backfire, speakers warn at forum
- OPEC forecasts rising non-OPEC oil supply, especially US oil production
- EIA: US crude oil inventories up 5 million bbl
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX crude oil settles under $61/bbl on US Cabinet shifts
- Trump fires Tillerson as secretary of State, names Pompeo as successor
- Woodside enters into deal to operate Scarborough gas field
- Eni strikes deals for concessions off Abu Dhabi
Onshore oil and gas licensing in Scotland is now the responsibility of the Scottish government. Transfer of the function from the UK Oil & Gas Authority occurred under the Scotland Act of 2016, enacted after Scottish voters defeated an independence referendum in 2014.
Canada proposes to overhaul its vetting and regulation of energy projects and give new prominence to environmental review. The Liberal government has proposed legislation that would replace and realign functions of the National Energy Board and Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency.
As part of its fourth-quarter 2017 production release, Chesapeake Energy Corp., Oklahoma City, noted plans to exit the Mississippian Lime play of the northern Anadarko basin.
US President Donald Trump has signed a fiscal 2018 federal budget bill into law on Feb. 9 following months of debate and negotiations in both houses of the 115th Congress. H.R. 1892’s provisions included sales of 100 million bbl of crude oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve starting in 2022 and expansion of the Section 45Q tax credit for carbon capture and storage including enhanced oil recovery.
Citing a “new strategic direction” following discussions with large shareholders, SandRidge Energy Inc. said company Pres. and Chief Executive Officer James Bennett and Chief Financial Officer Julian Bott will depart the company.