The expected financial returns are higher for a project in the Shale Crescent region (WV, PA, OH) compared with a G… https://t.co/ixxnfEvBrB
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Senators want US to use all options to oppose Nord Stream 2 pipeline
- API: US petroleum demand in February hit 20.3 million b/d
- IEA raises global oil demand estimate for 2018
- Porges named interim EQT president, CEO
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX holds under $61/bbl on forecasts of higher shale production
- Pioneer to restart Texas field shut by fire
- Court rejects NYSDEC’s appeal of FERC’s Valley Lateral ruling
- Pruitt issues guidance clarifying NSR evaluations
- US sanctions on Venezuela could backfire, speakers warn at forum
- OPEC forecasts rising non-OPEC oil supply, especially US oil production
- EIA: US crude oil inventories up 5 million bbl
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX crude oil settles under $61/bbl on US Cabinet shifts
- Trump fires Tillerson as secretary of State, names Pompeo as successor
- Woodside enters into deal to operate Scarborough gas field
- Eni strikes deals for concessions off Abu Dhabi
Pin Oak Energy Partners has acquired 70,000 net acres and midstream properties in the northern Utica-Point Pleasant gas play of Ohio and Pennsylvania from multiple sellers. The acquired lease interests, 90% held by production, are in Mahoning, Trumbull, and Guernsey counties, Ohio, and Mercer County, Pa. Associated pipeline rights-of-way are included.
Parkmead Group PLC is exploring a new development strategy for Perth and Dolphin oil fields in the Moray Firth area of the Central UK North Sea after expanding its interests to 100%. The company has signed an agreement with Nexen Petroleum to conduct a detailed engineering study of a potential tie-back of its Greater Perth Area project to the Scott platform operated by Nexen 10 km southeast.
ExxonMobil Corp. has added 2.7 billion boe of proved oil and gas reserves in 2017, replacing 183% of production. ExxonMobil’s proved reserves totaled 21.2 billion boe at yearend 2017. Liquids represented 57% of the reserves, up from 53% in 2016. ExxonMobil’s reserves life at current production rates is 14 years.
The US energy transportation system already is one of the world’s best, witnesses told the US Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. But it won’t help reach the Trump administration’s goal of achieving global energy dominance without more cooperation between state and federal agencies in issuing permits for projects, they warned during a Feb. 8 hearing.
Light, sweet crude oil prices for March delivery dropped modestly to settle above $61/bbl on Feb. 8 on the New York market while Brent crude oil for April delivery also dropped modestly to settle above $64/bbl on the London market.