RT @exxonmobil: Today we announced our plans to join the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative, a voluntary initiative representing 13 of the worl…
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- US House Democrats express NPR-A oil development concerns to BLM
- US Coast Guard withdraws 1999 offshore oil and gas proposed rule
- ExxonMobil to join oil and gas climate initiative
- Verus Petroleum to acquire Cieco E&P (UK)
- Total buys provider of EV-charging systems
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX oil prices jump more than $1/bbl on lower crude inventory
- Polish president seeks more US help in fighting Russian energy moves
- CERI: Canadian LNG export economics not globally competitive
- Linn, Roan Holdings to combine to form pure-play firm
- Sorrells promoted at Texas Railroad Commission
- BLM issues final oil, gas waste prevention rule with reforms
- EIA: US crude inventories decrease 2.1 million bbl
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX oil, gas prices rise on US-China trade tensions
- ESAI: Refinery expansions overwhelms rising gasoline, diesel demand
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX, Brent oil prices fall slightly pending full US sanctions on Iran
Vanguard Natural Resources Inc., Houston, has agreed to sell certain assets in the Arkoma and DJ basins to an undisclosed buyer for $14.5 million as part of the company’s ongoing transition from upstream MLP to independent exploration and production company.
Light, sweet crude oil prices rose Sept. 14 and the momentum continued in early Sept. 17 trading, which Saxo Bank Analyst Ole Hansen attributed to a weakening US dollar. “The dollar is a bit on the weak side,” Hansen said Sept. 17. Because oil is traded on most worldwide markets in US dollars, a weakening dollar makes it less expensive for buyers starting with other currencies.
Global Energy Ventures Ltd. (GEV), a Perth-based developer of global integrated compressed natural gas projects, has signed a heads of agreement with National Iranian Gas Co. (NIGC) for the sale and purchase of 240 MMcfd of natural gas to the port of Chabahar in Iran accessing the Oman Sea.
The US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission released a draft environmental impact statement for the proposed Driftwood LNG export project and an associated pipeline in four Louisiana parishes. The project would provide gas and process to produce as much as 27.6 million tonnes/year of LNG for export, FERC reported. Comments are being accepted through Nov. 5.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. has completed its offer to acquire Laricina Energy Ltd., reporting acceptance by holders of 98.7% Laricina’s issued and outstanding shares. Both companies are based in Calgary. The buyer expected to pay $46.35 million (Can.) for the shares by Sept. 18.