Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Christian elected chairman of Texas RRC
- Anadarko sanctions Mozambique LNG project
- Leaseholders told to recalculate royalties under 2016 rule
- PTTEP agrees to acquire Partex Holdings
- ConocoPhillips to acquire Nuna discovery acreage
- Roberts named Stakeholder Midstream COO
- Lime Rock to buy certain Oklahoma assets from BP
- MARKET: Brent crude falls more than $1/bbl
- ONGC moves 35 rigs ahead of monsoon season
- DRBC approves dock, adds products to Gibbstown project
- MARKET: Brent for August tops $62/bbl
- Baker Hughes: US rig count down 6 units to 969
- WoodMac: Argentina LNG poised to meet Asian demand
- IEA consecutively cuts oil demand growth forecast
- Husky fined for 2016 Saskatchewan oil spill
The light, sweet crude oil price for September dropped more than $1.50/bbl on the New York market Aug. 1 to settle at $40.06/bbl after having dipped to a trading day low of less than $40/bbl for the first time since April.
Imperial Oil Ltd., Calgary, said the northern Alberta wildfires and planned maintenance contributed to a $181-million (Can.) loss in the second quarter. A year earlier, the company earned $120 million.
Ithaca Energy Inc. has expanded its core position in the Greater Stella area of the central North Sea with four acquisitions, taking additional interest in the Vorlich discovery and operated interest in the Austen discovery.
Texas joined several other producing US states in a lawsuit challenging the US Environmental Protection Agency’s final rule limiting methane emissions from new oil and gas wells and storage tanks, and from wells producing fewer than 15 b/d of oil.