Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Christian elected chairman of Texas RRC
- Anadarko sanctions Mozambique LNG project
- Leaseholders told to recalculate royalties under 2016 rule
- PTTEP agrees to acquire Partex Holdings
- ConocoPhillips to acquire Nuna discovery acreage
- Roberts named Stakeholder Midstream COO
- Lime Rock to buy certain Oklahoma assets from BP
- MARKET: Brent crude falls more than $1/bbl
- ONGC moves 35 rigs ahead of monsoon season
- DRBC approves dock, adds products to Gibbstown project
- MARKET: Brent for August tops $62/bbl
- Baker Hughes: US rig count down 6 units to 969
- WoodMac: Argentina LNG poised to meet Asian demand
- IEA consecutively cuts oil demand growth forecast
- Husky fined for 2016 Saskatchewan oil spill
Statoil ASA has agreed to buy the 66% operated interest in the BM-S-8 offshore license in Brazil’s Santos basin held by Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) for $2.5 billion.
Halcon Resources Corp., Houston, has filed voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code to pursue a prepackaged plan of reorganization in which the firm would eliminate $1.8 billion in long-term debt and reduce annual interest expense by more than $200 million.
Spain’s Repsol SA reported adjusted net income in the second quarter of €345 million compared with €312 million in the same quarter in 2015. Allowing for inventory and nonrecurring income, net income was €205 million vs. €292 million.
DNO, Oslo, has proposed to acquire Gulf Keystone Ltd., Bermuda, for $300 million in cash and shares. Both companies produce oil in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.