This week’s Inside Shale highlights Dominion Energy’s plan to reduce their GHG emissions by 50%! Check out the pod… https://t.co/WS6nrkuX0x
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Sheffield returns to role as PNR chief executive
- Gran Tierra acquires assets in Putumayo, Llanos basins
- Queensland’s CSG-LNG plants unlikely to reach full capacity
- California’s new underground injection rules go into effect Apr. 1
- EIA: US crude inventories up 3.7 million bbl
- Federal court upholds FERC’s approval of Mountain Valley gas line
- MARKET WATCH: Crude oil prices rise on lower-than-expected API inventory
- Netherlands becomes a net gas importer
- API revises well drilling, servicing safety recommended practice
- Devon to shed assets, focus on US oil
- APLNG to buy Ironbark coal seam gas prospect from Origin
- Targa divests interest in Badlands assets for $1.6 billion
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX crude oil briefly touches 2019 high
- CSB: Thermal fatigue likely cause of Pascagoula gas plant incident
- Anadarko, Pertamina sign LNG agreement for Mozambique plant
Six public and trade associations have asked US Transportation Sec. Elaine Chao “to act expeditiously” to approve revisions to the US Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration’s federal natural gas pipeline safety regulations. “PHMSA’s rule will advance gas transmission pipeline safety by defining specific requirements to facilitate the use of 21st-century pipeline safety technologies and processes,” the groups said in their Feb. 7 letter.
Light, sweet crude oil prices on the New York and London markets declined modestly Feb 11 pending release of a monthly production report by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. On Feb. 12, OPEC reported it reduced oil production in January by 797,000 b/d compared with December 2018. The cartel’s January production averaged 30.81 million b/d, OPEC’s secondary sources indicated.
Antero Resources Corp. has agreed to pay $3.15 million for Clean Water Act violations at 32 sites in three West Virginia counties affected by Antero’s Marcellus shale natural gas operations, the US Department of Justice reported. DOJ, the US Environmental Protection Agency, and the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection said the West Virginia counties involved are Harrison, Doddridge, and Tyler.
Encana Corp. and Newfield Exploration Co. expect to close on a deal to combine on Feb. 13 following approval of necessary proposals at the special shareholder meetings held Feb. 12.
Eclipse Resources Corp., State College, Pa., and Blue Ridge Mountain Resources Inc., Irving, Tex., moved closer to completing the all-stock deal to combine as the boards and stockholders from each company granted their respective approvals.