Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Christian elected chairman of Texas RRC
- Anadarko sanctions Mozambique LNG project
- Leaseholders told to recalculate royalties under 2016 rule
- PTTEP agrees to acquire Partex Holdings
- ConocoPhillips to acquire Nuna discovery acreage
- Roberts named Stakeholder Midstream COO
- Lime Rock to buy certain Oklahoma assets from BP
- MARKET: Brent crude falls more than $1/bbl
- ONGC moves 35 rigs ahead of monsoon season
- DRBC approves dock, adds products to Gibbstown project
- MARKET: Brent for August tops $62/bbl
- Baker Hughes: US rig count down 6 units to 969
- WoodMac: Argentina LNG poised to meet Asian demand
- IEA consecutively cuts oil demand growth forecast
- Husky fined for 2016 Saskatchewan oil spill
Total SA has started commercial operation of its second solar power plant in Japan, a 25-Mw unit at Miyako on Honshu Island.
Front-month prices for light, sweet oil for July and August delivery fell more than $3 to settle below $54/bbl on the New York market May 31 while Brent prices for the August delivery contract also dropped more than $3 to below $62/bbl amid additional tariff concerns.
US President Donald Trump announced that he would impose a 5-25% tariff on all Mexican goods. There are ways to avoid the tariff on imports of Mexican crude oil, but at this point it is unclear whether those will succeed, according to an analysis from Energy Security Analysis Inc. If not, ESAI says, some refiners will pay more, and some crude will head to Asia.
Herbert S. Vogel, executive vice-president of operations of SM Energy Co., Denver, has been promoted to chief operating officer.