The expected financial returns are higher for a project in the Shale Crescent region (WV, PA, OH) compared with a G… https://t.co/ixxnfEvBrB
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Senators want US to use all options to oppose Nord Stream 2 pipeline
- API: US petroleum demand in February hit 20.3 million b/d
- IEA raises global oil demand estimate for 2018
- Porges named interim EQT president, CEO
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX holds under $61/bbl on forecasts of higher shale production
- Pioneer to restart Texas field shut by fire
- Court rejects NYSDEC’s appeal of FERC’s Valley Lateral ruling
- Pruitt issues guidance clarifying NSR evaluations
- US sanctions on Venezuela could backfire, speakers warn at forum
- OPEC forecasts rising non-OPEC oil supply, especially US oil production
- EIA: US crude oil inventories up 5 million bbl
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX crude oil settles under $61/bbl on US Cabinet shifts
- Trump fires Tillerson as secretary of State, names Pompeo as successor
- Woodside enters into deal to operate Scarborough gas field
- Eni strikes deals for concessions off Abu Dhabi
Contango Oil & Gas Co. has agreed to buy interests in about 12,100 gross undeveloped acres in the southern Delaware basin of Texas from a private oil and gas company for as much as $25 million.
Silver Run Acquisition Corp., Houston, has agreed to acquire a controlling interest in Centennial Resources Production LLC and expects to be renamed Centennial Resource Development Corp.
The US Pipeline & Hazardous Material Safety Administration proposed new oil spill response and information procedures for high-hazard flammable trains (HHFT) in coordination with the Federal Railroad Administration.
One of many problems with governmental manipulation of markets is that governments seldom anticipate ancillary consequences accurately if at all.
The US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management notified federal offshore oil and gas leaseholders that it is updating financial assurance and risk management requirements to ensure that taxpayers never have to pay for decommissioning and removing a company's offshore production facilities. Officials from two trade associations quickly criticized the agency's action.