RT @WVONGA: Anne Blankenship: “The economic benefits of employing natural gas fired [power] plants throughout the state are staggering and…
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- API reiterates need to reform RFS as EPA readies proposed 2019 quotas
- MARKET WATCH: Crude oil prices fall on concerns about emerging market economies
- Region-wide gulf lease sale yields $178.1 million in high bids
- Carrizo to acquire Delaware basin assets from Devon
- Singh named Indian Oil pipeline director
- Diamondback to acquire Energen in all-stock deal
- Faroe farms in to Agar-Plantain drilling
- EIA: US crude inventories increase 6.8 million bbl
- MARKET WATCH: Crude oil prices fall on API inventory report
- Colyer named interim Contango president, CEO
- BP acquires US shale assets from BHP
- APA board recommends $13-billion (Aus.) takeover offer from CKI venture
- Petronas unit due interest off Senegal
- Study: Upstream project delivery improving
- MARKET WATCH: NYMEX, Brent oil prices drop on higher OPEC production
Declaring “perhaps no aspect of America’s economy has been as overregulated as energy,” Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said the US House will begin work to repeal, under the Congressional Review Act, the US Bureau of Land Management’s methane venting and flaring rule and the Security and Exchange Commission’s requirement that US oil and gas and other resource extraction companies disclose payments to foreign governments.
Both US and Brent benchmark oil futures eased on Jan. 27 upon a jump in the weekly US rig count. Light, sweet crude oil continued to edge lower in early Jan. 30 trading, which analysts still attributed to the rig count.
Barry Larson has been named chief executive officer of Pacific Exploration & Production Corp. effective Feb. 20.
Canada’s National Energy Board (NEB) will restart its hearing on TransCanada Corp.’s Energy East crude pipeline from the beginning. The new hearing panel assigned Jan. 9, 2017, to review the Energy East and Eastern Mainline applications has voided all decisions made by the previous panel. These decisions will be removed from the official hearing record.
US Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee Chair Lisa Murkowski (R-Alas.) and two national natural gas trade associations separately expressed their concerns over the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s no longer having enough members for a quorum once Chairman Norman Bay leaves on Feb. 3.