RT @energizeWV: Check out this week’s Inside Shale podcast featuring discussion on the Atlantic Coast Pipeline, the federal Natural Gas Act…
Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Santos, Shell combine named preferred tenderer of Queensland gas permit
- Energy Sec. Perry urges more European countries to diversify gas suppliers
- US natural gas storage levels building
- PNR to close Brady sand mine
- EIA: US crude inventories jump 10.3 million bbl
- Rimer named Whiting Petroleum COO
- Little to succeed Williams as Suncor CEO
- MARKET WATCH: Crude oil benchmarks stabilize
- US House Democrats plan hearings on climate early in 2019
- IEA: Global oil supply will outpace demand throughout 2019
- MARKET WATCH: Oil benchmark prices plunge with NYMEX settling below $56/bbl
- UK licensing round draws 36 applications
- IEA: WEO 2018 finds that energy destiny lies with government
- PNR enters pressure pumping deal with asset sale to ProPetro
- Equitrans Midstream launches as standalone company
Centennial Resource Development Inc. has agreed to buy 11,860 net acres in Lea County of southern New Mexico, directly north of the Red Hills area, from fellow Denver firm GMT Exploration Co. for $350 million in cash.
US light, sweet crude oil futures fell modestly May 1 to settle just below $49/bbl, which analysts attributed to falling gasoline prices and concerns about rising US oil production adding to an already oversupplied world crude oil market.
Mexico has implemented government regulations to advance its energy reforms regardless of the oil-price slump, Aldo Flores Quiroga, Mexico’s deputy secretary of energy for hydrocarbons, said during a May 1 speech at the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston.
US Interior Sec. Ryan Zinke signed a pair of orders on May 1 that implement President Donald Trump’s Apr. 28 offshore oil and gas executive order, and create a new position—Counselor to the Secretary for Energy Policy—to coordinate Interior’s energy portfolio that spans 9 of DOI’s 10 bureaus.
US President Donald Trump has nominated David L. Bernhardt as deputy secretary of the Department of the Interior. Bernhardt has worked at Interior as its highest ranking legal officer and in other capacities during George W. Bush’s presidency. In that capacity, Bernhardt will be the department’s chief operating officer, once the US Senate confirms his nomination.