Oil & Gas Journal Archive
- Baker Hughes: US rig count down 10 units to 1,012
- Chrysaor to acquire ConocoPhillips’ UK oil and gas business for $2.675 billion
- MARKET WATCH: Crude benchmarks drop despite lower US crude supplies
- CAPP 'encouraged' by Alberta premier-elect
- FERC staff issues final EIS for Gulf Liquefaction LNG project
- IOCs recorded high reserve replacement, low F&D costs in 2018, analysis shows
- Majors scoop up acreage in offshore Argentina bid round
- Dixit appointed CEO of Cairn Oil & Gas
- DOE announces up to $39 million in oil, gas R&D project grants
- EIA: US shale production to reach 8.46 million b/d in May
- Colorado’s governor signs Senate Bill 181 into law
- EIA: US crude inventories down 1.4 million bbl
- MARKET WATCH: Brent crude prices approaching $72/bbl
- Jones Energy files voluntary bankruptcy
- Concho, Frontier create Midland basin midstream joint venture
The American Petroleum Institute and American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers separately criticized US Senate legislation that would expand to 200,000 the number of electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit. Sen. Deborah A. Stabenow (D-Mich.) introduced S. 1094 on Apr. 9, with Rep. Dan Kildee (D-Mich.) introducing a companion bill in the US House the same day.
The Ukrainian government has launched a public tender for the Dolphin offshore block under a production-sharing agreement, covering 9,496 sq km of the northwestern part of the Black Sea’s continental shelf.
Brent crude oil dropped modestly on the London market Apr. 15 but still settled above $71/bbl following reports of lower Venezuelan and Iranian exports because of US sanctions. Renewed civil unrest in Libya also raised oil supply concerns. Khalifa Haftar’s Libyan National Army continues fighting forces backed by the internationally recognized Libyan government.
Lower fossil fuel releases are continuing to help drive US greenhouse gas emissions lower, the US Environmental Protection Agency’s latest annual report showed. EPA said 2017’s GHG emissions totaled 6,456.7 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (tCO2e), or 5,742.6 million tCO2e after accounting for land sequestration.
Concho Resources Inc. and Frontier Midstream Solutions IV LLC have agreed to form Beta Crude Connector LLC (BCC) to build and provide crude oil gathering, transportation, and storage services in the northern Midland basin. Frontier will serve as operator. Each company will own equal equity interest.