- Gas Pipeline Safety Seminars Postponed
- Oil and Natural Gas License Plate
- Producing Energy, Protecting Fresh Water Resources
- Anne Blankenship: WVONGA committed to fighting climate change (Opinion)
- Oil/Gas Property Taxes to Provide $123 Million to County Governments
- Dominion Energy Digs Deeper for National Safe Digging Day on 8-11
- Natural gas industry leader says years of production increase threatened
- West Virginia oil and gas production hits new high
- West Virginia oil and gas production hits new high
- Record levels hit for West Virginia oil and natural gas production
- WV oil and gas production reaches record high for tenth consecutive year
- WV Gas, Oil Production Hit Record Levels in 2018
- WV 2019 Key Facts for Oil and Natural Gas Infographic
- Partnership Awards Quarter-Million Dollars in Grants to Area Schools
- WV’s Natural Gas Industry Committed to Road Improvements
- Jeff Keffer at WVONGA spring 2019 conference
- WVONGA's 2019 meeting concludes with emphasis on gas generation and road etiquette
- Senate President Carmichael tells WVONGA that leadership backs industry; touts education reform
- Carmichael says oil, natural gas industry has “friendly leadership” in Mountain State
- Dominion curbing greenhouse gas emissions
- WVONGA Spring Meeting 2019 in Wheeling, WV | Online Video Short
- ExxonMobil and Employees Donate More Than $266,000 to West Virginia Colleges and Universities
- Poll Finds Overwhelming Majority of West Virginians Favor Natural Gas Development
- WV’s Natural Gas Industry Committed to Reducing Emissions
- Pipeline projects continue to hold promise for North Central, WV, economy
- MarkWest Sherwood Complex in Doddridge County, WV, plans further capacity expansion in 2019
- Construction of WV's first gas-fired power plant to start this summer
- Antero Resources leads environmental progress with Clearwater Facility in Doddridge County, WV
For the past 100 years, WVONGA has been at the forefront of unifying, educating and advocating for our members. By providing members with a platform for exchanging ideas and solutions, we are building a vibrant and informed membership community. Through WVONGA, members have access to a variety of valuable resources, including statistics, research, and analysis that affirm the benefits of increasing natural gas production. WVONGA also advocates on behalf of our members at the legislative level, making sure that members have a voice at the Capitol.
We offer several membership programs to suit the needs of the various industry areas we serve. Take a positive step toward your empowerment and join WVONGA today!
WVONGA members come from all areas of industry, including:
- Consulting, legal and professional services
- Construction companies
- Field services
- Distribution companies
- Gas marketers
- Gathering companies
- Integrated energy companies
- Processing companies
- Service and supply providers
- Storage and transmission companies
- Fleet sales and management
- Lodging and corporate housing providers
- Higher education and vocational trade institutions
What does WVONGA provide?
Advocacy & Intelligence
- Liaison to WV regulatory agencies
- Informational meetings and seminars on both local and regional issues
- Opportunities to participate in specialized committees for policy development, advocacy, and information sharing
- Statewide "Inside Shale" radio program
- Legislative updates during both regular and special sessions
- Legislative lobbying efforts that benefit the industry
- Representation on local, state, and federal issues that affect the industry
Education & Training
- Energize WV public education and outreach program
- Educational opportunities like tours and special programs
- Safety training and various certifications
- Opportunities for leadership development via committee participation
- Media presence through press releases, social media, website and radio interviews
- Network opportunities with the more than 200 member companies doing business in the Appalachian Basin
- Access to companies responsible for 8o% of WV O&G production and 20,000 miles of pipeline.
- Member discount program for workers compensation insurance
Membership & Dues
WVONGA Membership has two levels – voting and associate (or non-voting).
The voting members are businesses that are primarily engaged in drilling, well servicing, exploration, production, gathering, processing, marketing, transportation, storage or distribution of oil and/or natural gas, and make up the following membership types:
Integrated Energy Company: Businesses that are engaged in the exploration,production, refinement and distribution of oil & gas; annual membership dues are $44,000.
Gathering & Processing: Companies that specialize in the collection of natural gas from various wells then compressing, dehydrating, treating, conditioning and processing it; annual membership dues are $16,500.
Gathering (only): Companies that collect natural gas from various wells, but do not process it; annual membership dues $8,250.
Processing (only): Companies engaged in compressing, dehydrating, treating, condition and processing natural gas; annual membership dues are $8,250.
Storage & Transmission: Companies that transport and store natural gas; annual membership dues are calculated based on annual assessed valuation (60%) for WV state property tax purposes $____ x 0.00035; maximum $27,500 per year.
Production: Companies engaged in the exploration and production of natural gas; annual membership dues are calculated based on MCFs - minimum $3,300 & maximum $55,000.
Distribution: A company that delivers natural gas via pipeline to a local distribution company; annual membership dues are based on number gas meters - minimum $500 & maximum $16,500.
Industry Service Provider: Businesses that are directly involved in oil and natural gas activities. Examples include logging, fracking, cementing, drilling, workover, supplies, wellheads, piping, tubulars, valves, pipeline construction and/or other construction-related activities.; annual membership dues are $3,300.
Oil and Gas Marketing: Companies that coordinate at various levels the business of bringing natural gas from the wellhead to end-users; annual membership dues are $2,750.
The associate members consist of individuals or businesses engaged in services or activities related to the oil and natural gas industry, or are supportive of the industry. These member types do not have voting rights and are as follows:
Professional Firm: Businesses that are supportive of the oil & natural gas industry with more than three employees (including legal services); annual membership dues are $1,650
Royalty Owners: Individuals or groups having ownership or rights to ownership of oil and natural gas properties; annual membership dues are $550
Entrepreneur: Businesses that are supportive of the oil & natural gas industry with three or fewer employees; annual membership dues are $550